Sunday, August 23, 2009

An Unexpected Journey

During my preparation towards important examination which is Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM), my English teacher asked us to do a narrative essay.Here is the essay:



"Hmmm...Here...there...hmm...almost done. There you go”, mumbled Ronald.
"Knock! Knock!”Ronald was too engrossed with his work until he did not realize the door kept knocking several times.
And finally, "Wait! Who is it?"Asked Ronald.
It’s me, Eddy!"Replied Eddy.
"Coming!” Exclaimed Ronald.
Eddy entered the room and shut the door.
"Still busy with your project?"asked Eddy.
"Not anymore. It’s done! I can't believe it,” gushed Ronald.
"Did you put it on test?” asked Eddy.
"Not yet but I will. This midnight! He...he...,"sputtered Ronald.
"How is it functioning? I still don't understand the theory”, said Eddy.
"Well, this is Dimensional Machine. It will compress time and distance to open new dimension! I already calculate the time. The new dimension will be opened tonight. Tonight will become a history to human being!” bubbled Ronald.


“Tut…Tut…Tut…Tut…” “Hello! Hmmm…when? I will be there,” replied Brian and he turned his cell phone off. “Alan! This midnight, Dragon invited both of us to his birthday’s party,” explained Brian. “Where?” asked Alan. “At 70 routes,” said Brian. “Oh man! That’s so far away. It almost 3 hours to get there,” sighed Alan. “Well, not anymore. Now is 7.30p.m. You go upstairs and pack the bag. We leave this house at 8p.m. 3 hours huh? We can reach there before 11 o’clock,” muttered Brian. “What do you mean?” asked Alan blurry.


“Woohoo! This is what I mean,” screamed Brian from the car’s window. Brian Evolution 6 and Alan Skyline dashed on the road. Brian hit the paddle and left Alan’s car at the back. Alan did not give up. He changed the gear and chased Brian’s car. They were racing by their 17th birthday present.


“Okay, everything is ready,” said Ronald. “But you said you want to do it at midnight,” reminded Eddy. “I can’t wait. I really want to know if my theory is right,” explained Ronald.


“Hello Alan! I know the shortcut to go out from this traffic jam. You follow me,” said Brian on his cell phone. Both of their cars were heading toward the alley of an apartment. “Eddy! Are you ready? When I show my thumb, you push the green button, okay?” shouted Ronald from outside of his apartment. “No problem,” replied Eddy. Finally, Ronald showed his thumb and Eddy quickly hit the green button. A very bright light stroke the atmosphere. At the same time Brian and Alan passed at the same place. As the bright light turned out, Alan and Brian vanished from the place together with their car.


“Where are we?” asked Alan. “I don’t know,” replied Brian. “This place is so horrible,” croaked Alan. “Calm down. We can get out from here. Trust me,” said Brian confidently. “Our car broke down already,” muttered Alan. “Well, we walk then. We have to keep on trying. We can make it,” persuaded Brian. “Hmmm…,” sighed Alan. They walked along the cemetery. This place was different than their world. The sky seemed ablaze with crimson and gold. The tombs were old. There were gigantic lush trees. It was dancing as if to welcome them.


“What is this?” asked Alan. “It looks like old tomb.” replied Brian. While talking, Brian laid his back against the gigantic tree. In a split second, a flash of lightning streaked across the sky, followed by a roll of thunder. The dark clouds appeared. Grey smoke came out from the tomb. A lady in white rose into the air. She rose like a person who drowned met the air. She was angelic. Her eyes so dark and glittering. Brian and Alan froze. They fell into silent. They watched the lady without saying a word. “Thank you for waking me up. My name is Rosemary. I was punished by dark witch name Helega. She rules this world. Many people are killed by her. I am from the other world. My father is a genius professor. He made a machine. One night, he put it on test at the basement. I could not sleep that night so I went to the basement. When I opened the door, all I could see was bright light. All of sudden, I already here,” explained Rosemary. “Oh, I see,” nodded both of them. “Our story almost the same like yours,” muttered Brian. “I want to go home. I missed my father. I have been here for a while,” pleaded Rosemary.


“Let’s find a way out,” chirped Alan. They walked together depended on Rosemary’s instruction. As soon as they reached at white forest, Rosemary explained that this forest is called “Forest of Winter” winter witches live here,” whispered Rosemary. They continued their journey until they reached at sea side. The white sand was shimmering by the moonlight. The gentle waves rushed to the shore. The wind caressed their skin. “Eternal is my life…I could stop the pain…if I will all the way…Sleep my Rosemary…Because you will never awake…” A melody rose into the atmosphere and hit their eardrum.


“That’s the dark witch,” whispered Rosemary to Brian and Alan. The lady was sitting on the beach stone. They sneaked behind the great stone. “She doesn’t look like witch. She looks so innocent. I think I fall in love with her,” mumbled Alan. “Hey! This is not her real face. She is so hideous,” said Rosemary. The dark witch heard a tiptoed behind her back. She turned behind. The dark witch became hideous. She was in rage and fury. They were very astonished. In a split second, the dark witch approached in front of them. Brian was the only person who was calm. Silently, he pulled out a knife from his pocket. All of sudden, he stabbed the dark witch. The black blood flew from her belly. Her eyes turned wide. “Get us out from here!” roared Brian.


The dark witch did not say any words. She raised her hand. The gentle waves suddenly turned gigantic waves. We thought we would die but the dark gigantic wave froze. A bright light stroke our eyes. “There you go,” said the dark witch. Brian pulled back his knife and they all went to the bright light.


“Where are we?” asked Alan. They were on road. After a few seconds they remembered. “Are you okay? I am so sorry. I never thought that people will pass here,” explained Ronald. “It’s okay. As long as we are still alive.” replied Brian. Alan and Rosemary nodded simultaneously. “What happened?” asked Eddy. “We will explain later. We are hungry,” said Brian. “Yes, yes, sure. Follow me,” pleaded Ronald. They walked to Ronald’s apartment together.


“How did you hurt her by using knife? She is a witch,” asked Ronald. “Actually it is my ancestor’s knife. My grandfather gave it to me when I was a child. When I was kid, I love to cut sticks to make kites. He said it can cut anything. I don’t believe it until I proved it,” replied Brian. “Do you still love her after you look at her real face?” asked Rosemary to Alan. “No!” shouted Alan. All people were laughing at Alan. They enjoyed their dinner happily.

No comments:

Post a Comment